Privacy and Security Policy
Moneythor.com is a personal finance information management service allowing you to aggregate and monitor various aspects of your financial activities. It does so by integrating with your existing online banking services with your third party financial institutions and your trust in the way we treat your confidential and sensitive information is absolutely fundamental to us.
1. Founding Principles
- We will never sell nor lease your personal information to anyone, for any reason.
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. We only store this information if it is required to provide, develop or improve our services and products.
- We want you to be in control of your own personal information.
- We will never spam you, and never allow others to spam you.
2. Gathering & Use of Personal Information
Like most website operators, Moneythor collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser type, operating system, language preference, referring/exit site, date and time of visitor requests, etc. Moneythor's purpose in collecting such information is to:
- Better understand how Moneythor.com's visitors and Members use the Service.
- Respond to customer service requests
- Improve our services, products and marketing efforts
- Conduct internal research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- From time to time, release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Service.
3. Sharing of Information
Moneythor may share your personal information to those of our employees, affiliates, contractors and agents that provide products and services to help us with our business activities, such as offering customer service. These individuals/organisations are authorized to use your personal information only to the extent needed to provide these products and services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information when this is required by any relevant law, rule or regulation (e.g. to comply with a subpoena), when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or any alleged criminal action, or respond to the request of any governmental or regulatory body.
We may also share non-personally-identifying information to providers of Other Offerings so that they may market their products and services to Moneythor's Members and users.
Moneythor does not access the credentials (such as user names and passwords) you use to log into your third-party financial institutions' websites. Such credentials will not be affected even in the unlikely event that our servers become compromised. We do, however, take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information that we do store.
Whenever you access Moneythor.com and exchange sensitive information with the Service, we always encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Moneythor.com is hosted in Singapore and operates on servers provided by a service provider. This service provider employs in-depth security measures, maintains advanced security certifications and is a Level 1 service provider under the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS).
However, you should be aware that no web transmission or electronic storage can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.
6. Policy Changes
7. Request for Information
If you require specific information on:
- Our policies and practices in protecting your personal data
- Process by which we receive and respond to your queries and complaints regarding your personal data
Please do email us at .
Last Update: 1st March 2013