1. Becoming a Member
In order to register as a Member, you must be legally capable of entering into a contract e.g. being of legal age, or if you are representing an organization, you, having the appropriate authority to do so.
2. What is the Service?
The Service allows Members to manage, aggregate and monitor various aspects of their personal financial information. As a Member, you are able to store your financial data in the Service and receive alerts and/or recommendations.
We are currently providing the Service without charge. The Service is intended only to assist you in organizing and managing your finances and must not be relied upon as legal, tax, financial or other professional advice.
3. Member Information
When you register as a Member, you are required to provide certain information such as a real email address owned by you (which serves as a user ID), a login password and contact details ("Member Information"). You must ensure that all Member Information is accurate, complete and is not misrepresented. You must also update the Member Information whenever there is any change.
You must always maintain the confidentiality of your password and ascertain that there is no unauthorized access to your Member Information. If you have reason to believe that your Member Information has been compromised or your account is no longer secure, you should immediately change the affected Member Information and notify us at . We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized use of your account in any way.
We may allow access to the Service using your login credentials with third party websites. In that scenario, the terms and conditions of these third party websites will apply together with these Terms.
When you provide us with your email address, you are taken to have agreed to receive all notices (as text in an email or links to page(s) on Moneythor.com accessible through commercially available internet browsers) from us electronically via that email address.
4. Your Financial Data with Third Party Sites
When you use the Service, you authorize Moneythor to retrieve online financial data from accounts which you maintain with third party financial institutions ("Financial Data"). These accounts and Financial Data may be subject to the terms and conditions of the third party financial institutions. You must ensure that you have full rights to the Financial Data and are entitled to so authorize Moneythor. Moneythor will not be responsible for the accuracy, integrity, legality or non-infringement of the Financial Data or for any products or services offered or provided by the third party financial institutions.
Whilst Moneythor exercises reasonable care in providing the Service, there are many factors which may be outside Moneythor's control and there are risks of technical incompatibilities or other constraints which may cause a loss or corruption of your Financial Data, other data or settings or there may be service interruptions or delays. We cannot be held accountable for these.
We may provide you (at the email address or mobile telephone number or through other mobile communications platforms) alerts relating to your account (e.g. change in Member Information). You may also choose to receive certain alerts. We can change the availability and customizability of such alerts and the options associated with these alerts at any time.
You should be aware that alerts are not a secured form of communication. If you choose to receive these alerts, anyone having access to your email account, mobile devices or other designated platforms may be able to view your confidential and/or personal information (e.g. Member Information, credit card details, bank balances, etc).
6. When You Use the Service
When you use the Service, you agree, amongst others:
- Not to use the Service for any unlawful, unauthorized or commercial purpose
- You are responsible for any content published or transmitted by you (e.g. as posting in any forums available on Moneythor.com, blogs, communications with other Members, etc). Such content must not:
- Be unlawful, offensive, obscene, misrepresentative or infringe someone else's rights.
- Contain any spam, advertisement or commercial communication
- Use the Service in any way for which it is not intended
Your right to access and use Moneythor.com and the Service is personal to you and you must not transfer this to anyone else.
You acknowledge that your use of and access to the Service may not be error free and continuous. Interruptions may be due to planned or unplanned maintenance, updates or repair or to reasons outside our control e.g. equipment failure, network disruptions, etc.
We welcome and value your comments, feedback and suggestions to the Service or any aspects of Moneythor.com. When you provide these, you agree that we can use them (including your name), without charge in any manner and anywhere that we think is appropriate. However, we will not do so in any manner that will personally identify you unless we have received your agreement to do so.
We may occasionally introduce new versions of the Service, features or releases and invite you to trial these subject to any applicable rules. If you accept the invitation, you must accept the associated risks which may include the inability to revert to an earlier version of the Service or to restore your Financial Data, increased instability and errors.
7. Other Offerings
Based on your Financial Data stored in the Service, searches you make using the Service or other information, we may present information relating to third party products and/or services ("Other Offerings") that we think may be relevant and/or useful to you. Some of these may include links from our sponsors and/or advertisers. We will let you know when an Other Offering is sponsored. However, we do not own or control the Other Offerings and do not provide any warranty, endorsement or guarantee as to any of these Other Offerings.
8. Right to Use Your Information
In order to provide the Service, Moneythor needs to use and store your Member Information, Financial Data and other information which you submit or transmit using the Service. You agree to give Moneythor the right to do so, that you are in no way prohibited from giving such right and that Moneythor is not subject to any payments or restrictions in using such information.
When you use the Service and the Moneythor's Web browser extensions, add-ons, plugins and/or any other tools or features provided by Moneythor, you expressly appoint Moneythor as your agent and attorney-in-fact with full power and authority to access, in read-only mode, your Financial Data and other information maintained by your third party financial institutions. However, Moneythor will not have access or use or store any of your login credentials with your third party financial institutions (e.g. usename and password). Unless we tell you expressly in writing, we are NOT an agent of your third party financial institutions nor is the Service or Moneythor.com endorsed or sponsored by your third party financial institutions.
9. Right to Use Our Information
Everything on Moneythor.com including the design, all web elements, software and computer programs, text, images, recordings, etc belong to us or is licensed to us by others and is protected by intellectual property rights laws. For the purposes of using the Service and subject to these Terms, you have the right to view and use such information and may download or print ONE copy only. Such use must be personal, internal and non-commercial. Unless you have received our written permission, you must not at any time distribute, reprint or reproduce (electronically or otherwise) any of our information. Where our permission has been given, we can revoke such permission at any time.
When you use the Service or our information, you must not:
- publish or transmit anything that contains directly or indirectly any malicious code, virus, trojans or worms or anything that may cause damage to the Service, Moneythor.com, us or anyone else
- access another Member's information or manipulate data when you have not been authorized to do so
- Use the Service in any way for which it is not intended e.g. access to another Member's information, unauthorized manipulation of data, etc.
- use or access any of our information, the Service or Moneythor.com through any automated data gathering or extraction tool e.g. deep links, scrapers, robots, spiders, etc.
- access the Service or Moneythor.com through any tools, agents or devices other than those that we specifically authorize.
- in any way reverse-engineer, disassemble, decompile or decipher any computer programs or software that we use to provide the Service or forming part of Moneythor.com
10. Disclaimer/Limit of Liability/Indemnity
This paragraph contains important information and you must understand and agree to these before you use or continue to use the Service and Moneythor.com.
- THE SERVICE AND MONEYTHOR.COM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND YOUR USE OF THESE AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THROUGH THESE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM AND OTHER PROPERTY.
- WE DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (WHETHER OURS OR THOSE OF THIRD PARTIES). THESE INCLUDE WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- ANY VERBAL OR WRITTEN ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN TO YOU BY OR ON BEHALF OF MONEYTHOR WILL NOT BE DEEMED TO GIVE RISE TO ANY WARRANTY THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
- NEITHER MONEYTHOR NOR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS OR ADVISORS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR ANY FAILURE OF PEFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OF TRANSMISSION, VIRUS OR OTHER FAILURES OF THE SERVICE, MONEYTHOR.COM OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICES. MONEYTHOR, ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS AND ADVISORS ARE ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSSES.
- If we, our affiliates, contractors or advisors suffer any loss or damages because of your use of the Service or Moneythor.com or because you are in violation of any of these Terms or if you infringe anybody's rights, you must fully compensate us against all such loss, damage and costs (including all legal fees).
- You must not export or re-export the Service or any of our products and/or services except in compliance with the export control laws of all relevant jurisdictions.
11. Governing Law
Last Update: 1st March 2013